LOUDON COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — A new detention facility in Loudon County is now open.
Sheriff Tim Guider gave the official green light to transition inmates from the existing jail to the recently completed new facility.
The new facility can house about 250 inmates. Loudon County Sheriff’s Office says that this facility house the inmates in a more modern and efficient manner, along with a safer layout.
And now that inmates have been moved to the new facility, renovations on the former jail will now start.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Keyen Green looks to bring energy and intensity to Lady Vols
- Watts Bar shuts down nuclear reactor for scheduled maintenance
- Gatlinburg shares bear safety advice as part of Bearwise Week