OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — If you live in Oak Ridge, the city has launched a new way to register for the CodeRED Community Notification System; a system that is utilized by the city to send out notifications during events of an emergency, severe weather, etc.
You can now register for the system by texting “OAKRIDGE” to 99411.
This change comes as the city recognizes that many residents no longer use home phones, and rely heavily on their cell phones for communication.
The CodeRED system also allows people to log in and register their e-mail address and cell phone in order to get alerts while at work and/or at home.
Something to note, if someone works in the city but lives outside city limits, they can register their cell phone under their business address and receive notifications while at work.
- Maryville-based Denver Hunt Company seeking carpenter
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Coronavirus: Maryville College moves to reduced operations for the remainder of the week
- Knoxville-Knox County CAC offers utility bill assistance