OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — Oak Ridge police are offering a reward for information leading to the identity of the discarded newborn found along the Melton Lake Greenway two weeks ago, whom they have named “Baby Wyatt.”
ORPD is offering a $500 reward and Chief Smith has matched that amount, so the reward is now $1,000, according to police.
Baby Wyatt’s body was found wrapped in a piece of clothing on Thursday, March 26. The newborn still had his umbilical cord attached.
ORPD officials said Thursday, April 9 that due to COVID-19, investigators haven’t been able to get any lab work or DNA testing returned; therefore, the Medical Examiner’s office has not yet been able determine Baby Wyatt’s ethnicity or “anything else testing would show.”
The agency is imploring anyone with information to come forward.
If you have any information, contact the Oak Ridge Police Department at (865) 425-4399, on Facebook, or on Twitter: @OakRidgePolice, or at the Oak Ridge Police Department website: http://oakridgetn.gov/department/ORPD/Home.
Information can be given anonymously.
- It’s hot outside: Here are tips to stay safe when cooling off in the water
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Here’s how you can get paid to eat ice cream
- United Airlines to update dress code for flight attendants, relax rules on tattoos, makeup, nose piercings
- ‘They just aren’t waiting for everything to be perfect to be happy’: Cancer patient with months to live marries high school sweetheart