KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Valley Authority East Tower is no more, as officials cut the ribbon on what is now UT Tower on Tuesday.
Knox County is leasing the space and moving Knox County Schools’ administrative offices there. The facility will also house the University of Tennessee system offices.
It was a move championed by Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs.
“This project is a win for everyone involved.”Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs
The project started all the way back in 2015 by Jacobs’ predecessor as Knox County Mayor, Tim Burchett.
- UT Knoxville requiring students living on campus to take weekly saliva COVID-19 tests for spring semester
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Seventh Nashville Police officer credited for saving lives before Christmas Day bombing
- Kentucky State Capitol, surrounding grounds off limits this weekend