KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department is investigating an early morning shooting in East Knoxville that left one person dead.
KPD says that officers responded to a call of a shooting in the 3600 block of Lilac Avenue just before 2 a.m. on Saturday.
Officers found an adult male who was pronounced dead at the scene.
KPD’s Violent Crimes Unit is now investigating this incident.
As more information becomes available in this developing story, we will keep you updated.
- Knoxville-Knox County CAC offers utility bill assistance
- Tracking the Tropics: Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Check this out: Beautiful drone video captures fall color change in East Tennessee foliage
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day