KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department reports that officers worked a two-vehicle crash on I-40 East overnight that left one dead.
KPD says that around 11:40 p.m., officers responded to a two-vehicle wreck on I-40 East near Oglesby Road overpass.
When they arrived, officers called in the crash reconstruction team due to the severity of the crash.
KPD says that a tractor trailer was traveling on I-40 East in stop and go traffic when it was struck in the rear by a Toyota Camry traveling at interstate speeds.
The male driver of the Camry was pronounced dead at the scene; there were no other injuries reported in the crash.
The body was transported to the Regional Forensic Center for a complete autopsy.
- Tennessee lawmakers end session on protests, COVID liability
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Drug Overdose Support Group meetings to resume
- Zoo Knoxville welcomes rare bird hatchling
- KCS Board of Education approves contract with Florida Virtual School to help teach students enrolled in online classes