TAZEWELL, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating an incident where a pedestrian was struck and killed on Tazewell Pike just before 6 a.m. Tuesday.
According to THP’s preliminary investigation, a woman traveling in a Toyota Camry was headed south on Tazewell Pike approaching the intersection at Adkins Road.
The pedestrian, 35-year-year Lakeysha Tuggle of Knoxville was walking in the southbound lane of Tazewell Pike toward Adkins Road wearing a black jacket, pink t-shirt, and blue jeans.
Tuggle was then struck by the vehicle as she walked in the roadway.
No citations or charges have been issued at this time.
- Tourism 2020: Gatlinburg booming six months after start of pandemic in TN
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- Health care, abortion center stage in SCOTUS fight
- Ryman, Opry withstand pandemic, ready to welcome back fans
- 2 different tales of Tennessee tourism during COVID-19