TAZEWELL, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee Highway Patrol is investigating an incident where a pedestrian was struck and killed on Tazewell Pike just before 6 a.m. Tuesday.
According to THP’s preliminary investigation, a woman traveling in a Toyota Camry was headed south on Tazewell Pike approaching the intersection at Adkins Road.
The pedestrian, 35-year-year Lakeysha Tuggle of Knoxville was walking in the southbound lane of Tazewell Pike toward Adkins Road wearing a black jacket, pink t-shirt, and blue jeans.
Tuggle was then struck by the vehicle as she walked in the roadway.
No citations or charges have been issued at this time.
- Lake of the Ozarks pool partier tests positive for COVID-19; hundreds potentially exposed
- Virginia police chiefs reinforce need to maintain the public’s trust in the wake of George Floyd’s death
- Missouri teen describes being trapped in flipped truck during flash flooding
- TWRA: Bears foraging until berries ripen in the region
- Morristown police search for missing 14-year-old girl