KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man wanted out of Kentucky on sex charges was arrested Tuesday after police were told the suspect was in East Tennessee.
Michael Curl, 38, was arrested by Knoxville police in the 3000 block of Monaco Way on Tuesday. Curl was wanted out of Kentucky on three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree of a minor.
Curl has been booked into the Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility to await extradition back to Kentucky.
The arrest was the result of a cooperative effort by Central Business District patrol units, Violent Crimes Unit investigators, Organized Crime Unit personnel and the Kentucky State Police.
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video
- Federal jury convicts former Roane Co. attorney on sex crimes involving minors
- Elephants kill suspected poacher at South African national park