KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County commissioner is again calling for change, pushing to move the county’s Board of Health to an advisory role, not one with authority to make rules.
That proposal offered up by Commissioner Kyle Ward is now on the agenda for the commission’s Dec. 14 work session that will be taking place on Zoom at 5 p.m.
Ward said, “I will always stand with small business owners and their employees. We can not take away paychecks at Christmas while families already struggle to put food on the table.”
Follow Reporter Elizabeth Kuebel for commission meeting coverage:
- Knox County commissioners approve two rezoning requests in Hardin Valley
- Do you have ‘super immunity’ after booster, omicron?
- Neil Young calls for his music to be pulled off Spotify over vaccine misinformation: reports
- Feds launch website for claiming part 2 of child tax credit
- Tennessee pitcher to miss the start of the season with an arm injury