KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knox County commissioner is again calling for change, pushing to move the county’s Board of Health to an advisory role, not one with authority to make rules.
That proposal offered up by Commissioner Kyle Ward is now on the agenda for the commission’s Dec. 14 work session that will be taking place on Zoom at 5 p.m.
Ward said, “I will always stand with small business owners and their employees. We can not take away paychecks at Christmas while families already struggle to put food on the table.”
Follow Reporter Elizabeth Kuebel for commission meeting coverage:
- $1.6M renovation to transform Claude Walker Park in East Knoxville
- Knoxville Police make 4 arrests in 25-hour span along Cumberland Ave for drugs, weapons charges
- Knox Pro Soccer narrowing down team names this week
- Newsfeed Now: States & businesses rethink masks rules after CDC update; School bus driver honored after hijacking
- Learning loss, summer school, teacher pay: One-on-one with Tennessee education commissioner