KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knox County Rural Metro fire crews responded to extinguish a chimney fire at an apartment complex on Sunday.
Crews extinguished a chimney fire at the Summit Chase Townhouses off of Woodpark Lane.
Crews used less than 750 gallons of water to put the fire out and discovered that the flu pipe wasn’t connected to the fireplace, where the fire was burning.
No injuries were reported and the exact cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Rural Metro reminding everyone that you should have your chimney cleaned and inspected every year before you start to burn in it.
They also say to always change your smoke detector batteries before the fire season actually starts.
- Peaceful demonstrators march through downtown Knoxville
- Governor: Semi driver was confused when he drove into Minneapolis crowd
- Texas lawmakers react to violent protests, plan policing legislation
- Area coaches speak on social injustice
- 6 On Your Side Heroes: From Secret Service to serving her community