KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Rural Metro firefighters extinguished a garage fire in South Knox County.
Around 8:30 p.m. Thursday, fire crews arrived to a home along Riveredge Circle to find light smoke coming from the garage area.
Those living there told firefighters they were charging LiPo lithium batteries when they overheated and caught fire.
The damage from the fire was able to be contained to the garage. No injuries are being reported.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 6 game highlights
- Vol fans gear up for football season; share excitement about first game
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Bars, restaurants prep for first Vol football game since COVID-19