KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The demand at Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee has skyrocketed since the coronavirus pandemic hit.
Wednesday, the organization got some help with a big donation of a product that’s highly requested but doesn’t usually get donated: milk.
The Tennessee Dairy Promotion Committee is donating $20,000 so the food bank can buy milk that for families in need.
The milk will be bought from Mayfield in partnership with the Randy Davis Memorial Milk Fund.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 10 game highlights
- Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper involved in crash on Oak Ridge Highway
- Positively Tennessee: Using his talents to help others
- UPDATE: One victim air-lifted to area hospital after shooting at Cold Creek Resort
- Andrew Johnson Building sell hits snag with potential buyer