OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — Christmas is coming early for some shoppers at the Walmart in Oak Ridge.
The company’s corporate office confirmed with WATE 6 On Your Side Thursday evening that an anonymous person paid $29,5000 for the layaway balance at the store.
According to the company, the money was provided by a check. Layaway orders with toys were given first priority.
A total of 141 layaway orders were paid off with the donation, according to a store spokesperson.
- UT spring commencement to be held at Neyland Stadium
- ETSU president: Supporting students is university’s ‘foremost responsibility’ amid kneeling debate
- ‘Very dangerous, constitutionally speaking’: Law professor reacts to TN senator letter following ETSU kneeling controversy
- NASA naming headquarters after ‘Hidden Figures’ engineer Mary Jackson
- ‘Black box’ in Woods SUV could help in crash investigation