OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — Christmas is coming early for some shoppers at the Walmart in Oak Ridge.
The company’s corporate office confirmed with WATE 6 On Your Side Thursday evening that an anonymous person paid $29,5000 for the layaway balance at the store.
According to the company, the money was provided by a check. Layaway orders with toys were given first priority.
A total of 141 layaway orders were paid off with the donation, according to a store spokesperson.
- Go! Contemporary Dance Works to present reGENERATION at World’s Fair Park
- Rivalry Thursday: Clinton puts on pep rally ahead of game against Anderson County
- California city becomes first in nation to recognize legal rights of nonhuman animals
- 2024 Kia EV9 electric three-row SUV starts below $60,000
- WATCH: First congressional hearing on Maui wildfire to focus on island’s sole electric provider and grid