SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Sevierville Police Department is reminding the public that preventing crime is as simple as having a routine.
As part of Crime Prevention Month, the SPD is using its Facebook and Twitter accounts to remind people to start a “#9PMRoutine.” By making this a habit, we can reduce the chance of being burglarized. The program will also emphasize the importance of securing your home each night.
SPD will post reminders at 9 p.m. to:
- Remove valuables from your vehicle
- Take your keys
- Lock your vehicle
- Lock your home.
“Taking these simple steps each and every night could be the difference in being a burglary victim or not,” SPD Chief Joe Manning said.
The following week will focus on elder safety, and the last week of October will highlight keeping children safe.
- TBI issues Endangered Child Alert for 3-year-old girl
- West Virginia man ‘cheats’ death; makes near-full recovery from brain dead status
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- “Spending time in prayer today for you,” says TN governor and first lady
- Restaurants dish out free food for Thanksgiving in light of harder times during pandemic