BLOUNT COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Blount County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Thursday the cyclist struck last week in a hit-and-run has died.
Blount County Sheriff James Lee Berrong has confirmed that 36-year-old Troy Sample died Wednesday after he was struck by a vehicle while cycling on Friday, Dec. 6.
Authorities have identified a suspect in the hit and run crash but not released their identity. Charges are pending at this time.
The silver Nissan Frontier involved in the hit-and-run is in Sherriff’s office custody.
A BCSO Traffic Safety Unit investigation is ongoing. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Pigskin Preview: Farragut
- Downtown Sevierville business owners share how streetscape project, pandemic has impacted business
- Plane skids off runway in India; 14 killed, dozens hurt
- Postal Service loses $2.2B in 3 months as virus woes persist
- Family of slain TDOC employee feels ‘joyful,’ one year later