BLOUNT COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Blount County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Thursday the cyclist struck last week in a hit-and-run has died.
Blount County Sheriff James Lee Berrong has confirmed that 36-year-old Troy Sample died Wednesday after he was struck by a vehicle while cycling on Friday, Dec. 6.
Authorities have identified a suspect in the hit and run crash but not released their identity. Charges are pending at this time.
The silver Nissan Frontier involved in the hit-and-run is in Sherriff’s office custody.
A BCSO Traffic Safety Unit investigation is ongoing. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard
- New postmaster general could signal big changes to postal service
- One man injured in armed robbery attempt at East Magnolia pawn shop, police seek suspect
- Two Texans will play a big role in Trump impeachment trial