MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Blount County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help identifying a suspect in a hit and run that left a man severely injured Friday night.
The victim, 36-year-old Troy Christopher Sample, was air-lifted to UT Medical Center after he was hit while riding his bike on Peterson Lane when a vehicle struck him and fled the scene.
Sample remains in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit of UT Medical Center.
The sheriff’s office is asking to talk with anyone that may have seen a 2009-2013 model Nissan Frontier in the area of Peterson Lane and Old Niles Ferry Road around 8 p.m. Friday night.
They’re also saying the vehicle will likely have front end damage.
There is a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the suspect that fled the scene leaving Sample seriously injured.
They’re also asking for any information about this incident, and if you do have information call 865-983-3620.
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard
- New postmaster general could signal big changes to postal service
- One man injured in armed robbery attempt at East Magnolia pawn shop, police seek suspect
- Two Texans will play a big role in Trump impeachment trial