KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A 43-year-old man was arrested by Knoxville Police after an attempted robbery of a woman outside of a bank Saturday night.
James Lahrman, 43, allegedly attempted to rob the woman at an ATM outside of a bank on the 1800 block of Kingston Pike, police said.
She was inside her car at the ATM when Lahrman attempted to forcefully take her money, according to police.
She was able to drive away and call 911. Police charged Lahrman with attempted robber and interference with 911.
- PHOTOS: March on Knox protest in downtown Knoxville
- Peaceful protest draws several hundred to downtown Knoxville
- Knox County mayor supports peaceful protests
- NFL Commissioner Goodell encourages players to ‘peacefully protest,’ admits ‘we were wrong’
- 2 dogs die in hot car after AC fails while owner attends dog training lecture