GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Gatlinburg Police Department are investigating the circumstances that lead to the death of 33-year-old Khaled Alshahrani.
TBI reports that on May 27, at around 10:30 p.m. Alshahrani was found dead in the Little Pigeon River.
Investigators say they would like to speak to anyone who may have seen him in the Downtown Gatlinburg area prior to his death on the evening of Wednesday, May 27. He was visiting the area outlined in red in this map below:
If you have any information, you’re asked to call GPD at 865-436-5181 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
- Dollywood: 3 people sent to hospital after “themed decoration” falls, strikes them at the park
- TBI identifies suspect shot in officer-involved shooting in South Knoxville
- TDHS extends deadline to apply for Pandemic Food Assistance
- Coronavirus Tennessee: 1,460 new COVID-19 cases, a 2.5% increase as total cases top 61,000
- Duke Women’s Basketball hires former Lady Vol Kara Lawson as head coach