NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Health reporting that the student from Tennessee Tech University has tested negative for the Coronavirus.
TDH says they will continue to work with the CDC and other agencies in order to provide guidance to protect the health of Tennesseans as the situation continues to develop.
“The CDC recommends travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Wuhan City, China, where the new coronavirus was first identified. To date, there is no evidence of spread within the United States; therefore there are no additional precautions recommended for the general public. However it’s always good practice to take actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and washing hands frequently with soap and water.”Tennessee Department of Health
TDH also says that people with concerns regarding their health should contact their medical providers.
The CDC is providing updated information and guidance online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019- ncov/index.html.
- Seymour VFD: 1 injured after truck drives through South Knoxville Burger King
- Knoxville Police: Man wanted for assaulting security guard after stealing from Kroger
- Vice Mayor: Former Nashville Metro Council member dies from COVID-19
- TN Dept of Health: 2,075 new cases of COVID-19, 862 new recoveries
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites