NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Health reporting that the student from Tennessee Tech University has tested negative for the Coronavirus.
TDH says they will continue to work with the CDC and other agencies in order to provide guidance to protect the health of Tennesseans as the situation continues to develop.
“The CDC recommends travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Wuhan City, China, where the new coronavirus was first identified. To date, there is no evidence of spread within the United States; therefore there are no additional precautions recommended for the general public. However it’s always good practice to take actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and washing hands frequently with soap and water.”Tennessee Department of Health
TDH also says that people with concerns regarding their health should contact their medical providers.
The CDC is providing updated information and guidance online at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019- ncov/index.html.
- 98 have died from coronavirus in Tennessee while cases rise to 4,862
- Severe weather possible Easter Sunday
- Apple, Google team up to develop coronavirus contact-tracing tool
- IRS launches new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments
- TVA board backs CEO under Trump’s fire for pay