KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A member of the Tennessee men’s basketball team has tested positive for COVID-19.
The University of Tennessee made the announcement in a news release on Friday.
“After testing several domestic members of our men’s and women’s basketball teams, one male student-athlete tested positive for COVID-19,” Tom Satkowiak, Tennessee associate athletic director for communications, said. “With a plan already in place, our Sports Medicine staff immediately activated isolation and contact-tracing protocol in collaboration with the Knox County Health Department.”
- Vols’ John Fulkerson surprises 5-year-old fan for his birthday
- SHOOTING FOR THE NBA: VFL Jordan Bowden working hard to make dream come true
- Tennessee Athletics switching to mobile ticketing for all ticketed sporting events through 2021
- Ready for the Rams: Former Tennessee Vol Daniel Bituli works hard ahead of rookie season
- ESPN documentary ‘Johnny Majors: Straight Ahead’ to premiere this week