TENNESSEE (WATE) — Relief for people left without work because of the coronavirus pandemic is here as Tennessee began paying out $300 federal pandemic unemployment compensation benefits Monday night.
The money comes from the CARES Act extension President Trump signed into law last week.
We’re told eligible claimants should see that money in this week’s payment. The benefit can provide up to 11 weeks of benefits through March 13.
State law requires unemployment claimants to accept suitable work when offered by an employer or those benefits could go away.
- ‘Kangaroo Jack’ to rest up before making trip to East Tennessee following his capture
- House passes George Floyd policing bill
- Transport officer airlifted to UT Medical after crash with inmate in cruiser on I-40 East in Jefferson County
- Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy because of pandemic
- Update on I-40 safe passage project for wildlife in the Smokies