According to THP’s report, there were nine fatal crashes that ended up with a total of nine fatalities for the 2021 Independence Day weekend, where it was at 13 in 2020.
- Five of those 2021 crashes were single vehicle crashes, four were multiple vehicle crashes
- Two of the fatalities were alcohol-related
- Seven of the people killed were occupants of a motor vehicle
- Of the seven occupant fatalities, three were not wearing a safety restraint.
- No child passengers requiring a child restraint device were killed.
- Two motorcyclists were killed both of whom were wearing a helmet.
- No pedalcyclists were killed.
- No pedestrians were killed.
- Judo coach warned after slapping female competitor before Olympic bout
- Turn it off, then turn it back on: Simple step can thwart top phone hackers
- Community member speaks up against social media rumors regarding Summer Wells case
- Restaurant weaves Japanese tradition and French culture for a delectable eating experience
- Terminator 2: Another Tokyo gold for laser-focused Aussie
Interested in checking out THP’s full report from the holiday weekend? Check it out below: