LOUDON, Tenn. (WATE) – A Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper was conducting a traffic stop on I-75 North near mile marker 75 when a passing vehicle fired two shots at him, according to a spokesperson with the THP.
The trooper nor the occupants in the vehicle in the traffic stop were harmed.
The trooper then pursued the vehicle for a short distance; and was assisted by other units in the area during the pursuit.
The suspect vehicle was stopped at mile marker 77 of I-75 and two suspects (one male, and one female) were taken into custody without further incident.
A firearm was also recovered from the suspects’ vehicle.
This is an ongoing investigation, we will update you as we learn more.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Girl Scouts move to digital cookie sales
- Coronavirus: Prayers for nursing home during COVID-19 pandemic
- 98 have died from coronavirus in Tennessee while cases rise to 4,862
- Severe weather possible Easter Sunday
- Apple, Google team up to develop coronavirus contact-tracing tool