LENOIR CITY (WATE) – One person is dead and another injured Sunday morning after their boat was pulled into the spillway at Fort Loudoun Dam.
David Morris, 50, and Michael Hopkins, 39, were fishing from a boat below Fort Loudoun Dam when the engine failed to start. The boat was pulled into the spillway.
Both men, who were wearing life jackets, entered the water at different times before the boat sank.
Bystanders rescued Hopkins, however, Morris did not survive and his body was recovered 3/4 of a mile downstream by the Loudon County Rescue Dive team.
Hopkins was treated at Ft. Loudoun Medical Center and released.
- Sevierville detectives still searching for person of interest in assault outside Walmart Market in June
- Sevierville Police searching for July 4 vehicle theft suspects
- Charlie Daniels Jr. speaks out on Facebook about death of dad
- Tennessee Coronavirus: No slowdown in growth of virus in state with 954 new cases
- KPD: Bystanders say several suspects fired nearly 30 rounds from a car on Cumberland Ave., no injuries reported