CROSSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officers have recovered the body of a man missing on Notchy Creek in Monroe County.
William Frazier Jr., 62, had been missing since noon on Tuesday. Officers searching with a remote operated vehicle recovered his body in nearly 12 feet of water.
The search began after witnesses heard calls for help, saw a boat adrift and a man struggling. Bystanders’ attempts to rescue the man were unsuccessful.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and Monroe County Rescue team assisted in the recovery.
- Nurse paralyzed from COVID-19 complications returns to Florida after months in Massachusetts hospital
- At least 15 dead after SUV carrying 27 crashes with semitruck near US-Mexico border
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- Merck to help make J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine, White House official says
- US Supreme Court justices finish questioning in major voting rights case