KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The University of Tennessee conducting a study of the Tenncare System and why 81% of people in our state say they cant’ afford it.
The study showing at least 6.9% of Tennesseans are uninsured this year because of the increasing costs.
Of that, about 2.8% of kids across our state are uninsured, accounting for more than 42,000 kids in 2019.
Doctor Leann Luna of UT’s Boyd Center for Business and Economic Research sayS the cost issue really hits low-income families harder. This increase is consistent with trends across the nation.
It’s not all bad news though, the impact of the Tenncare study shows 94% of recipients are happy with their coverage through the program; saying they’re able to book appointments easily and see a doctor quickly.
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits
- New UT Director of Athletics Danny White’s coaching hires have proven successful