KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A bear was spotted in East Knoxville Tuesday night on Magnolia Avenue going toward Martin Luther King Avenue.
Clemmon Mitchell shared the video with WATE 6 On Your Side, saying the bear ran around the house across the street from them.
WATE 6 On Your Side reached to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency to inquire if they were responding; we’ll update you as we learn more.
Last week, TWRA told WATE 6 On Your Side that bears are becoming more active lately as they are looking for easy meals lately – such as digging in trash cans and bird feeders – because berries aren’t in season for another few weeks.
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- A Utah school was already online-only. Here’s what lessons it has for others
- Portsmouth schools use paced learning to adapt to different progress levels due to pandemic
- An Oregon school district’s unique approaches to keeping students fed