KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A bear was spotted in East Knoxville Tuesday night on Magnolia Avenue going toward Martin Luther King Avenue.
Clemmon Mitchell shared the video with WATE 6 On Your Side, saying the bear ran around the house across the street from them.
WATE 6 On Your Side reached to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency to inquire if they were responding; we’ll update you as we learn more.
Last week, TWRA told WATE 6 On Your Side that bears are becoming more active lately as they are looking for easy meals lately – such as digging in trash cans and bird feeders – because berries aren’t in season for another few weeks.
- Dollywood: 3 people sent to hospital after “themed decoration” falls, strikes them at the park
- TBI identifies suspect shot in officer-involved shooting in South Knoxville
- TDHS extends deadline to apply for Pandemic Food Assistance
- Coronavirus Tennessee: 1,460 new COVID-19 cases, a 2.5% increase as total cases top 61,000
- Duke Women’s Basketball hires former Lady Vol Kara Lawson as head coach