CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WATE) – The Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga reports it has produced its one millionth vehicle.
On Wednesday, the president and CEO of Volkswagen Chattanooga said, “It’s gratifying to me that our team is back to work and able to mark yet another key milestone since the opening of VW’s Chattanooga plant.”
The plant’s grand opening was back in 2011, and has produced 1,000,000 vehicles.
Due to coronavirus concerns, the plant had temporarily closed earlier this year before reopening last month.
The facility resumed production on Sunday, May 17, with the company sharing it has implemented more than 90 new health and safety measures to help protect its workers and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Knoxville police: Man killed after he was shot in a home on Dutch Valley Drive
- High school football Player of the Week nominees: week five
- Knoxville spa gives back to teachers in community
- Seymour VFD: 1 injured after truck drives through South Knoxville Burger King
- Knoxville Police: Man wanted for assaulting security guard after stealing from Kroger