SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The wife of a Southeast Tennessee police officer charged with his murder made an appearance in a Sevier County courtroom Tuesday morning.
According to Sevierville Police, Melissa Smith shot Red Bank officer James Smith outside the visitor center in Kodak back in February.
Smith told officers she and her husband had been in an argument before she grabbed a pistol and shot him.
She is expected back in court May 6 of 2021, and her trial date is set for September 23.
We will continue to follow this case as it moves through the court.
- UT runs through Vandy 56-0
- ‘We know that he’s with God’ Family mourning loss after remains identified as missing man
- Operation Thunder Chicken leads to 13 arrested in Anderson Co.
- 12-year-old dead after Russian roulette game in Mississippi
- ‘Squid Game’ actor Oh Yeong-su charged with sexual misconduct: reports