WEARS VALLEY, Tenn. (WATE) — A home has been declared a complete loss by fire officials after an early morning fire in the Wears Valley area. A single occupant of the home, identified as a woman, escaped the fire and was taken to the hospital with unknown injuries, according to Wears Valley Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tony Patty.

Chief Patty added that around 3:30-4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters responded to a house fire in the 3500 block of Deer Field Circle and arriving units found the home to be fully engulfed in flames.

Apart from the woman being taken to the hospital, Patty says it wasn’t anything serious and he’s unsure of her injuries. Three other fire departments responded: Walden’s Creek Volunteer Fire Department, Seymour Volunteer Fire Department and Pigeon Forge Fire Department.

One neighbor said she had no idea what was going on until she coincidentally woke up around 5 a.m. and saw flashing lights coming from outside her window. When she peeked through her window, she saw an ambulance at her neighbor’s house. Then, she saw the fire.

“As I was looking, then I noticed that the house next door to where the ambulance was was on fire and it was our friend,” Debra Barnes, the neighbor, said.

Her friend’s house was already consumed in flames by the time she saw it. She said the fire had to have been about 15 feet tall.

“By the time I had woke up and saw it, it had almost all burnt. There was about a quarter of the bottom still left that was still burning,” Barnes said.

Barnes said the home was two-story and Victorian style. She saw numerous firefighters working hard to contain the flames so they wouldn’t reach other homes. She said it was a very cold morning, but other than that, the weather was in the firefighters’ favor.

“They did an excellent job. Thank goodness this did not happen on Monday when the winds were so, so strong. And it wasn’t windy when I came out. There was no wind at all,” Barnes said.

Barnes’ husband used to be a firefighter, so she knows how difficult the job is. She made sure she could do anything to help out the first responders.

“The firemen I was talking to said coffee would be great, and I went and made a pot of coffee and was glad to bring it out to them,” Barnes said.

Barnes said her neighbor lived alone in the home, and she was very grateful she was able to get out safely. “Lives we cannot replace, but homes we can,” Barnes said.