COCKE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A second suspect has been arrested in a case involving $8,000 in cash stolen from an elderly man’s wallet after he dropped it at a gas station.
Christie Nicole Williamson and another suspect, Heather Worth fled the scene and threw the wallet they found.
Worth was taken into custody shortly after.
The Cocke County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday morning that Williamson has been taken into custody with the assistance of the Pigeon Forge Police Department.
The money stolen was for the funeral of the victim’s sister who recently passed away.
The Pigeon Forge Police Department received a confidential tip after an individual recognized Williamson on the news as being wanted by authorities, according to Cocke County Sheriff Armando Fontes.
Williamson, 31, was taken into custody around 7 a.m. Wednesday at the River Side Lodge in Pigeon Forge. She is being charged felony theft over $8,000.
Fontes emphasized this an ongoing investigation and thanked the many people who provided tips and information that led to the capture of Williamson.
- Davis scores 30 points, No. 23 Tennessee women win 63-58
- Staley’s patience pays off with 49ers trip to Super Bowl
- Thousands of volunteers greet Super Bowl travelers at Miami International Airport
- Police: Driver in fatal Memphis crash smoked weed after learning of Kobe Bryant’s death
- Trump’s defense team presents case against impeachment as Democrats demand Bolton testify