COCKE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A second suspect has been arrested in a case involving $8,000 in cash stolen from an elderly man’s wallet after he dropped it at a gas station.
Christie Nicole Williamson and another suspect, Heather Worth fled the scene and threw the wallet they found.
Worth was taken into custody shortly after.
The Cocke County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday morning that Williamson has been taken into custody with the assistance of the Pigeon Forge Police Department.
The money stolen was for the funeral of the victim’s sister who recently passed away.
The Pigeon Forge Police Department received a confidential tip after an individual recognized Williamson on the news as being wanted by authorities, according to Cocke County Sheriff Armando Fontes.
Williamson, 31, was taken into custody around 7 a.m. Wednesday at the River Side Lodge in Pigeon Forge. She is being charged felony theft over $8,000.
Fontes emphasized this an ongoing investigation and thanked the many people who provided tips and information that led to the capture of Williamson.
- PHOTOS: Black Lives Matter Knoxville Rally on Friday, May 29
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- No one-year ‘slashing and burning’ of the state budget says governor’s finance commissioner
- SpaceX, NASA monitoring weather for targeted launch of historic crewed mission on Saturday
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy