COCKE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A second suspect has been arrested in a case involving $8,000 in cash stolen from an elderly man’s wallet after he dropped it at a gas station.
Christie Nicole Williamson and another suspect, Heather Worth fled the scene and threw the wallet they found.
Worth was taken into custody shortly after.
The Cocke County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday morning that Williamson has been taken into custody with the assistance of the Pigeon Forge Police Department.
The money stolen was for the funeral of the victim’s sister who recently passed away.
The Pigeon Forge Police Department received a confidential tip after an individual recognized Williamson on the news as being wanted by authorities, according to Cocke County Sheriff Armando Fontes.
Williamson, 31, was taken into custody around 7 a.m. Wednesday at the River Side Lodge in Pigeon Forge. She is being charged felony theft over $8,000.
Fontes emphasized this an ongoing investigation and thanked the many people who provided tips and information that led to the capture of Williamson.
- Community members pray outside of Austin-East day after fatal shooting
- Sen. Marco Rubio teams up with NY Democrat to help veterans exposed to toxic burn pits
- Maryville College creating mural for Austin-East High School
- STD cases at ‘all-time high,’ CDC says
- New $3,000 child tax credit: Payments to start in July – see if you’re eligible