KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Zoo Knoxville is continuing to raise funds to support its Emergency Animal Relief Fund to help them recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
This by auctioning off art created by their animal artists.
Art is an enrichment project for these animals, each species with a different painting technique.
Available for auction this time around, the work of Wanto and Bantu the gorillas, Big Al the giant tortoise, as well as the zoo’s elephants, snakes, rhinos, and red pandas.
The Zoo Knoxville Art Auction went live online Monday afternoon and it will be running through Monday, August 3.
The zoo is hoping to raise $3,000.
- ‘Black Lives Still Matter’ protest draws crowd to Freedom Hall, ETSU soccer team joins in show of support
- What happens when a plumber leaves the sprinkler on for the coldest two weeks of the winter? He calls it art
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days
- Ekholm returns in a big way, Predators defeat Blue Jackets 2-1