KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – After six months, a portion of Market Street in downtown has reopened.
The 600 block of Market Street, which is just south of Krutch Park, has been closed since May. The city is working on an extensive street and sidewalk improvement project.
The nearly $500,000 upgrade involved rebuilding about 300 feet of concrete street, adding new sidewalks, curbs, street lights and tree wells.
We’re told native shade trees will be planted this winter.
- Alcoa Police Department gearing up for the annual shop with a cop holiday tradition
- Tennessee Vols, Memphis face off with rivalry’s future uncertain
- Man accused of slapping WSAV reporter on backside arrested
- Microsoft reveals Xbox Series X
- Judiciary Committee votes along party lines on articles of impeachment