ALCOA, Tenn. (WATE) — Progress is being made in Blount County in the continued work on the Alcoa Highway moving down toward McGhee Tyson Airport.
Beginning next week, the contractor will start setting beams for the new Hunt Road overpass.
We’re told southbound traffic will have to be detoured nightly onto Hunt Road, then Louisville Road, then back to Alcoa Highway as the work occurs.
Northboud traffic will be detoured using existing on and off ramps at Hunt Road.
The work is expected to wrap up by next Friday, Aug. 21 — weather permitting.
The Hunt Road Bridge will remain closed through this upcoming winter.
More information about the other three improvement stages of the Alcoa Highway Improvement Project can be viewed here.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day case increase in September
- Former Titan, Vol Albert Haynesworth charged with domestic assault
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Countdown to the first Presidential Debate, California Wildfires, Carole Baskin, and more
- Belmont University preparing for final presidential debate