COCKE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — If you’re soon to be heading west on Interstate 40 into North Carolina, you might want to wait a little longer before heading that way.
Both lanes on I-40 West closed at mile marker 450 after a tractor-trailer jack-knifed near the state line. One westbound lane reopened around 6 p.m., but traffic is backed up for several miles in each direction.
The semi is a double trailer, one of which is on its side.
Only one eastbound lane is open, as well. Officials have not released an estimate for when the wreck will be cleared.
- Florida emergency chief strongly discourages ‘vaccine tourism’ flights
- Dog taken in stolen car in Denver found 2 weeks later
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?