TOWNSEND, Tenn. (WATE) – Great Smoky Mountain National Park officials confirmed Thursday afternoon a road has reopened after an earlier rock slide.
Around noon Thursday, officials had announced Little River Road from Metcalf Bottom to the Townsend Wye was closed because of rock slides.
Crews set to work and the road reopened at 1:35 p.m.
No injuries or related incidents were reported.
- Knoxville Moose Lodge collecting donations for “Christmas in a shoebox” for deployed soldiers
- TN Nation: 2-Minute drill with Titans DE Jack Crawford
- Police: fight over parking spaces leads to 1 dead, 2 injured in NE Birmingham
- Photos: Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017