ALCOA, Tenn. (WATE) – All four lanes of Alcoa Highway – northbound and southbound, were shut down between Singleton Station and Topside roads Friday night due to a multi-vehicle crash near Willow Road.
Alcoa police saying the crash knocked down electric poles on both sides of the roadway.
Traffic was being diverted to alternate routes.
The crash was reported around 6:19 p.m., according to Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Northbound lanes of Alcoa Highway were opened just before 9 p.m., and the southbound lanes will be shut until around 6 a.m. Saturday.
The incident was expected to take hours for the cleanup process.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made available by officials.
- Positively Tennessee: Snidow making a difference with staff, patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard
- New postmaster general could signal big changes to postal service
- One man injured in armed robbery attempt at East Magnolia pawn shop, police seek suspect