ALCOA, Tenn. (WATE) – All four lanes of Alcoa Highway – northbound and southbound, were shut down between Singleton Station and Topside roads Friday night due to a multi-vehicle crash near Willow Road.
Alcoa police saying the crash knocked down electric poles on both sides of the roadway.
Traffic was being diverted to alternate routes.
The crash was reported around 6:19 p.m., according to Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Northbound lanes of Alcoa Highway were opened just before 9 p.m., and the southbound lanes will be shut until around 6 a.m. Saturday.
The incident was expected to take hours for the cleanup process.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made available by officials.
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits
- New UT Director of Athletics Danny White’s coaching hires have proven successful