ALCOA, Tenn. (WATE) – All four lanes of Alcoa Highway – northbound and southbound, were shut down between Singleton Station and Topside roads Friday night due to a multi-vehicle crash near Willow Road.
Alcoa police saying the crash knocked down electric poles on both sides of the roadway.
Traffic was being diverted to alternate routes.
The crash was reported around 6:19 p.m., according to Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Northbound lanes of Alcoa Highway were opened just before 9 p.m., and the southbound lanes will be shut until around 6 a.m. Saturday.
The incident was expected to take hours for the cleanup process.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made available by officials.
- Video shows Florida man angry over COVID-19 barrier attack driver, deputies say
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Clorox wipes shortage is expected to last into 2021
- ‘Zombie cicadas’ infected with mind-controlling fungus emerge
- Police searching for man who took photos of woman inside Sevierville Walmart restroom