UPDATE: Temporary traffic lights with one lane open is expected to stay in place until repairs are completed in mid-March.
FARRAGUT, Tenn. (WATE) — Northshore Drive was down to one lane Wednesday afternoon due to a landslide.
TDOT saying around 5:40 p.m. that temporary traffic lights had been installed.
This occurred east of the Concord Road roundabout in Farragut, with the landslide near the edge of the road beside the lake.
Tennessee Department of Transportation saying Wednesday that geotechnical engineers were on-site and assessing the situation.
A timeframe for when normal traffic will resume had not yet been established.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as new details are made available.
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- MEDIC blood donations help 10-year-old in cancer fight
- Phillip Fulmer will reportedly receive $37.5K a month through 2023 when he retires
- Expect rolling roadblocks, blasting near Oak Ridge as construction begins Jan. 21 on new Anderson Co. substation