PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — Pigeon Forge Police Department say a crash that occurred over the weekend happened as the driver was fleeing a traffic stop.
According to police, on Saturday, Nov. 28 just before midnight, a PFPD officer attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding and reckless driving. The driver evaded the officer by dodging in and out of parking lots, police said, and the officer lost sight of the vehicle but knew the general direction of travel.
The suspect’s vehicle was located a few minutes later, in a wreck on the Parkway at the Island Drive intersection.
Pigeon Forge Police said Monday that the Tennessee Highway Patrol is assisting with the investigation.
- Big Game Bound: High-scoring offenses collide in Dolphins-Bills showdown
- Carson-Newman students join in archeological dig to uncover Herod the Great’s desert fortress
- Go! Contemporary Dance Works to present reGENERATION at World’s Fair Park
- Rivalry Thursday: Clinton puts on pep rally ahead of game against Anderson County
- California city becomes first in nation to recognize legal rights of nonhuman animals