UPDATE: The portion of Mascot Road between Roseberry Road and Limestone Lane reopened Wednesday after a sinkhole forced a closure early Tuesday.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Government reported Tuesday afternoon a road closure at 9229 Mascot Road between Roseberry Road and Limestone Lane due to a sinkhole.
Knox Co. says that they are unable to get materials to repair it Tuesday evening, but they will have it reopened by Wednesday afternoon.
A detour has been set up with the area secured to traffic.
- Senate passes bill to avoid government shutdown hours before deadline
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Knox County Schools will offer in-person, virtual learning options during spring semester
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- WATCH: Knox County Board of Health holds Sept. 30 meeting