UPDATE: The portion of Mascot Road between Roseberry Road and Limestone Lane reopened Wednesday after a sinkhole forced a closure early Tuesday.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Government reported Tuesday afternoon a road closure at 9229 Mascot Road between Roseberry Road and Limestone Lane due to a sinkhole.
Knox Co. says that they are unable to get materials to repair it Tuesday evening, but they will have it reopened by Wednesday afternoon.
A detour has been set up with the area secured to traffic.
- South Carolina couple charged in death of 4-year-old, found stuffed in a drawer
- Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Market and other properties reopening June 1
- Man who allegedly broke into bank says he did it for a ‘Hot Pocket’
- CVS opening 18 new drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Tennessee
- City of Knoxville: Decorate your neighborhood red, white and blue for the 4th