KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Motorists traveling on Interstate 40 in East Knox County will have to allow extra time for at least a month for bridge repair work beginning Sunday, July 19.
Traffic on I-40 East and West will experience a reduction in lanes and reduced speed from Exit 394 (Asheville Highway) to Mile Marker 396 while the Holston River Bridge is being repaired.
These closures will be in place until the project is complete in mid- to late-September, according to the Tennessee Department of Transportation. This schedule is contingent on favorable weather conditions.
Motorists are advised to use extreme caution in this area as workers will be present.
- US Marshals: ‘Known violent gang member’ wanted out of New York City arrested in Knoxville
- Man charged after social media video shows speedometer reach 213 mph on Indianapolis highway
- Down payment tax credit: Biden housing plans include help for first-time buyers
- Grammy Awards odds: Will Taylor Swift reign again?
- Dr. Fauci is highest-paid federal employee, report says