KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Motorists traveling on Interstate 40 in East Knox County will have to allow extra time for at least a month for bridge repair work beginning Sunday, July 19.
Traffic on I-40 East and West will experience a reduction in lanes and reduced speed from Exit 394 (Asheville Highway) to Mile Marker 396 while the Holston River Bridge is being repaired.
These closures will be in place until the project is complete in mid- to late-September, according to the Tennessee Department of Transportation. This schedule is contingent on favorable weather conditions.
Motorists are advised to use extreme caution in this area as workers will be present.
- Facebook deletes Trump post for violating ‘harmful COVID misinformation’ policy
- Justices overturn Tennessee mail vote expansion for November
- Knox County Board of Health approves ‘replacement regulation’ to reopen bars with a 10 p.m. curfew
- Kingsport Chamber asking for 90th birthday cards for Pal’s Sudden Service founder Pal Barger
- After possible COVID-19 exposure, Sethi tells News Channel 11 he will get a ‘rapid test’