KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Department of Transportation says bridge repair work on Interstate 40 this weekend will affect traffic in West Knoxville.
In a release sent out Thursday, TDOT stated motorists traveling on I-40 in Knox County should be aware of the upcoming bridge repair work; which will be starting Friday, July 10, along I-40 East will have two lanes closed, as well as speed limit reductions, between Cedar Bluff Road (MM 377.4) and Bridgewater Road (MM 379.0).
Also, I-40 West will have two lanes closed, as well as speed limit reductions, between West Hills (MM 380.4) and Bridgewater Road (MM 379.0).
The closures will be in place from 10 p.m. on Friday, July 10 until 6 a.m. on Monday, July 13.
The scheduled bridge repair work is contingent on favorable weather conditions, TDOT said. Motorists are also advised to use extreme caution in this area as workers will be present.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Drug Overdose Support Group meetings to resume
- Zoo Knoxville welcomes rare bird hatchling
- KCS Board of Education approves contract with Florida Virtual School to help teach students enrolled in online classes
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals