KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Traffic on I-40 in Knoxville is stop-and-go after a multivehicle crash on the Holston River Bridge east of Knoxville occurred at around 4 p.m. The crash scene has been cleared but it will take a few hours for traffic to return to normal.
No serious injuries were reported in the crash that left a box truck perched atop the concrete median between the eastbound and westbound lanes.
- Where else to see beautiful views of Smokies now that Clingman’s Dome Road is closed for winter
- Command Center, heavy law enforcement presence returns to Beech Creek to search for Summer Wells
- Police: 3 injured in East Knoxville shooting
- As Omicron variant gains ground abroad, vaccines more important than ever in TN
- ‘We just need prayers’: Catholic Charities talks arson, impact of fire