KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A new trial date has been set for the Knox County man accused of dismembering his parents and putting their bodies in acid.
Joel Guy Jr.’s trial is now set for September 28th. It had previously been scheduled to start late February.
In 2017, 31-year-old Joel Guy Jr. was indicted on two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of abuse of a corpse and one count of felony murder.
Knox County Sheriff’s Office said they believe Joel Guy Sr. and Lisa Guy were murdered between Friday, Nov. 25, 2016, and Saturday, Nov. 26, 2016, at their home on Goldenview Lane. Investigators said both suffered vicious stab wounds, as well as dismemberment.
Their remains were found in multiple rooms in the house. Investigators say the remains placed portions of the remains in an acid-based solution in an attempt to destroy evidence.
- Fulton takes care of Gibbs in Thursday night affair
- 10-digit dialing required in 865 area code beginning Oct. 24
- Zoo Knoxville tigers getting COVID-19 vaccination
- Knoxville area Boy Scout council contributing to abuse trust, committed to safe program
- Wife of Cocke County fatal shooting victim fears for her safety with suspect out on bond