KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A new trial date has been set for the Knox County man accused of dismembering his parents and putting their bodies in acid.
Joel Guy Jr.’s trial is now set for September 28th. It had previously been scheduled to start late February.
In 2017, 31-year-old Joel Guy Jr. was indicted on two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of abuse of a corpse and one count of felony murder.
Knox County Sheriff’s Office said they believe Joel Guy Sr. and Lisa Guy were murdered between Friday, Nov. 25, 2016, and Saturday, Nov. 26, 2016, at their home on Goldenview Lane. Investigators said both suffered vicious stab wounds, as well as dismemberment.
Their remains were found in multiple rooms in the house. Investigators say the remains placed portions of the remains in an acid-based solution in an attempt to destroy evidence.
- NYC bill would ban discrimination based on weight
- Crash that killed two Amish children raises questions about buggy safety
- Florida teen sentenced to life in prison for murder of 13-year-old girl; court releases his apology letter
- How common is invasive group A strep?
- DeSantis looks to revamp strategy amid signs of political strain