GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A popular trail in the Smokies will reopen Tuesday morning after the completion of a two-year reconstruction project.
The Trillium Gap Trail accesses the popular Grotto Falls and the top of Mount LeConte.
The 8-mile trail had been closed Mondays through Thursdays for much-needed rehabilitation. Improvements include enhanced trail safety and stabilizing eroding sections.
A grand reopening for the trail was held.
- Local lawmakers speak ahead of Tuesday’s special session on the 2021-2022 school year
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Powerball jackpot grows to $730M; Mega Millions to be $850M
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace