KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Valley Authority says 2020 is on track to be the third wettest year on record, right behind 2018 and 2019.
The pubic utility says the Tennessee River basin has received 42 inches of rainfall since the beginning of the year — 155% of normal.
If the Tennessee Valley receives 22 inches more during the second half of the year, that would be enough to be the third highest year for rainfall.
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent
- Oklahoma lawmaker files bill for Bigfoot hunting season
- One person dead, another in critical condition after shooting at Cazzy’s Corner Grill
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction