KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Health Department is preparing to spray two areas of Knoxville tonight after confirming the presence of West Nile virus in mosquitoes.
The virus has been found in the Rocky Hill area of West Knoxville and the Milligan Street area in East Knoxville.
Following CDC protocol, the health department will spray for mosquitoes in both areas.
Weather permitting, spraying will take place between 8:30 p.m. and 2 a.m.
Officials are asking people living in both areas to stay inside during this period and to bring your pets indoors.
- Family files federal lawsuit after death of Claiborne County inmate
- TWRA Executive Director announces retirement
- Late slide puts Lady Vols’ NCAA Tournament streak at risk
- Knoxville to celebrate Beauford Delaney with Bijou Theatre performance
- Pruitt adds two to Tennessee Vols’ staff