KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Health Department is preparing to spray two areas of Knoxville tonight after confirming the presence of West Nile virus in mosquitoes.
The virus has been found in the Rocky Hill area of West Knoxville and the Milligan Street area in East Knoxville.
Following CDC protocol, the health department will spray for mosquitoes in both areas.
Weather permitting, spraying will take place between 8:30 p.m. and 2 a.m.
Officials are asking people living in both areas to stay inside during this period and to bring your pets indoors.
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile
- The Business Buzz: Dollywood holding final job fair of the season
- Tennessee releases its 2020 state report card
- Sheriff identifies Canadian woman accused of mailing ricin to Trump, South Texas authorities
- Knoxville Police searching for theft suspect