KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Two people are facing burglary charges after they were found inside Neyland Stadium attempting to steal beer from concessions.
Spencer Ngumuya, 19, and Rachel Barber, 20, are facing felony burglary charges after University of Tennessee police responded to a possible burglary at Neyland Stadium around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
Dispatch observed five individuals on camera inside the stadium. Officers made contact with three individuals who had just crawled out from under the perimeter fence near Gate 22, one of which admitted to driving the group to the stadium.
Ngumuya and Barber were observed still inside the fence with two 24-packs of beer, valued at $624 total, near the location where the other three individuals had crawled out. The two were detained by officers without incident.
Barber and Ngumuya will be arraigned on Tuesday, May 5.
- Cleanup efforts underway after violent Nashville protest
- PHOTOS: Damage to Metro Courthouse after ‘I Will Breathe’ riots
- Tennessee This Week: A conversation with Sen. Becky Duncan Massey
- Tennessee ends May with 23,006 coronavirus cases
- Sheriff takes off helmet, joins protesters in Flint