KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department confirmed Monday two people were killed and another is in critical condition after a crash on Interstate 40 on Saturday.
Lashanda Reeves, 42, and a 15-year-old male passenger were killed when their car broke down in the second lane of I-40 West at West Hills Road and was struck by a westbound semi-truck. An 11-year-old male passenger remains in critical condition.
The driver of the semi-truck was not injured.
Knoxville police responded to the crash just before midnight Saturday. The roadway was temporarily shut down with traffic diverted by the Tennessee Highway Patrol. The scene was cleared around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Just over half of Tennesseans surveyed say they are ‘willing, but hesitant’ to get COVID vaccine
- Homeless in US finally getting their shot at COVID-19 vaccine
- Tennessee’s Human Trafficking Hotline receives record number of calls
- Fatal police shooting at Ohio hospital caught on officer bodycams
- Demonstrators, police face-off outside Minnesota police department for 4th night