KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Two men were rendered unresponsive, one of which was sent to the hospital, after fumes overwhelmed them on Monday at a home in the Lyons Bend neighborhood.
Rural Metro responded before around 10:20 a.m. to the 5300 block of Hickory Hollow Road to a hazmat situation. By the time they arrived workers were evacuating the area they were working at.
One man was unresponsive, but breathing, and two other workers were trying to assist him. They were assisted to fresh air while the crew extracted the second male. Fresh air and oxygen were administered to all.
A foundation company was applying a substance to a foundation in a small space and two workers fell unconscious as a result. One worker was transported to the hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
There is no hazard to the public in the area and no damage was done to the home, according to Rural Metro. OSHA is investigating.
- ‘Unacceptable’: Knoxville councilman speaks out against gun violence, says city is responding
- Family of Matthew Heath asking for Biden Administration to get involved with son’s imprisonment in Venezuela
- THP: 2 people injured after multi-vehicle crash in Scott County
- Davis; Burrell lead Lady Vols passed Missouri
- Tennessee basketball adds final home game to schedule