Fumes render 2 men unresponsive at home in Lyons Bend

News

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Two men were rendered unresponsive, one of which was sent to the hospital, after fumes overwhelmed them on Monday at a home in the Lyons Bend neighborhood.

Rural Metro responded before around 10:20 a.m. to the 5300 block of Hickory Hollow Road to a hazmat situation. By the time they arrived workers were evacuating the area they were working at.

One man was unresponsive, but breathing, and two other workers were trying to assist him. They were assisted to fresh air while the crew extracted the second male. Fresh air and oxygen were administered to all.

A foundation company was applying a substance to a foundation in a small space and two workers fell unconscious as a result. One worker was transported to the hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.

There is no hazard to the public in the area and no damage was done to the home, according to Rural Metro. OSHA is investigating.

LATEST STORIES

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 Storm Weather School

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter